It really does!
You should have insurance on your property; however it is likely that your current
insurance does not properly cover you for a rented property. We recommend a so called
“top up policy” designed to top up any other house holders policy for the dwelling to
provide maximum protection for landlord risks.
The cover can include:
- sudden and accidental damage by tenants or guests
- malicious damage/theft by tenants or guests
- gradual damage
- losses due to abandonment
- rent arrears
- compensation for prevention of access
- loss on fix term contract
- loss due to failure to vacate
- landlord liability; and
- legal costs in tenancy tribunal proceedings.
Please feel free to contact us and discuss your insurance requirements further.